This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) executed by the undersigned (the “Volunteer”) in favor of the Central Sierra Resiliency Fund and each of its directors, officers, and agents (“CSRF”), the Creek Fire Recovery Collaborative and each of its directors, officers, and agents (“CFRC”), the Sierra Resource Conservation District and each of its directors, officers, and agents (“SRCD”), the Arbor Day Foundation and each of its directors, officers, and agents (“ADF”), One Tree Planted and each of its directors, officers, and agents (“OTP”). “CSRF”, “CFRC,” ”SRCD,” “ADF,” & “OTP” are collectively referred to as the “Supporting Organizations”. The Volunteer desires to participate in the education workshop and seedling lifiting activities associated with Seedlings Planting (the “Activities”) on one or multiple planting dates: Saturday, April 29, 2023, Sunday, April 30, 2023, Saturday, May 20, 2023, and Sunday, May 21, 2023. The Volunteer understands that the Activities subject to this Release relate to all volunteer services provided by the Volunteer for the CSRF and Supporting Organizations, wherever the Activities may take place. The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms:
- Waiver and Release: The Volunteer releases and holds harmless the CSRF and Supporting Organizations and their successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, demands of whatever kind of nature, which arise or may hereafter arise from the volunteer services the Volunteer provides to the CSRF and Supporting Organizations. The Volunteer understands and acknowledges that this Release discharges the CSRF and Supporting Organizations from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against the CSRF and Supporting Organizations with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from or occurring while the Volunteer is engaging in the Activities.
- Insurance: Further, the Volunteer understands that the CSRF and Supporting Organizations do not assume any responsibility to provide the Volunteer with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance, and the Volunteer understands and acknowledges that no such financial or other assistance will be provided. The Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of CSRF or the Supporting Organizations.
- Medical Treatment: The Volunteer hereby releases the CSRF and Supporting Organizations from any claim which may arise on account of any first-aid, treatment, or other medical services rendered to the Volunteer in connection to the Volunteer’s Activities.
- Assumption of Risk: The Volunteer expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm associated with the Activities or otherwise occurring while providing volunteer services to the CSRF and Supporting Organizations, and the Volunteer releases the CSRF and Supporting Organizations from all liability related in any way to the Activities.
- Policies and Safety Rules: The volunteer agrees to comply with CSRF’s stated policies, safety rules, and conduct expectations while volunteering. This includes not volunteering while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Other: As a volunteer, the Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. This agreement is binding for so long as the volunteer remains a volunteer with the Central Sierra Resiliency Fund. The Volunteer agrees that in the event any clause or provision in this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.